Interview: Captain Bob "Punchy" Powell

abukede

I just released the latest episode of my show an interview with Captain Bob "Punchy Powell!

Punchy was a member of the 352nd Fighter Group during the Second World War. He flew the P-47, P51 and is one of the few Americans to have flown the Spitfire and as a result is a member of the Spitfire Association. Bob is currently the Historian of the 352nd. He has authored 2 books, consulted on Movies and TV series including the Winds of War. He is also in the process of writing his life story. Bob saw a lot of combat and flew 3 missions over the Normandy beaches on D-Day. He also flew with Aces Major George Preddy and Colonel John C. Meyer. After the war he became good friends with German Generals Adolf Galland and Gunther Rall.

You can find the show at: http://www.2centhistory.com/podcast-2cent-history or download it on itunes or zune. RSS tag is at the upper right of the webpage.

I hope you enjoy listening to Punchy.