Diamond Viper 330

Guest Big Time Software

CM will support any 3D card that supports Direct3D (PC) or RAVE (Macintosh) and has at least 4MB of VRAM.

Charles

Guys,

I'm getting a 16MB Banshee 2d/3d card (for free ... or rather for writing those editorials hehe ;) ). Will CM be able to take advantage of it?

(Remember I'm a technofailure ;) so use SMALL words when replying ;) ).

Fionn,

I believe the Banshee by 3dfx company does support Direct3D. You can go check for yourself at www.3dfx.com if I remember correctly. The Banshee should be there, just check and see if it supports the Direct3D graphics mode. While you are there you will probably want to download the latest driver for your card. More than likely when you get your "gift" from your friend it won't come with the latest one. Anyone wanting to check out TNT chipset specs made by nvidia can go to www.nvidia.com

Mike D

aka Mikester

For the most part any card should support Direct3D since it is a core component of Windows (That's what DirectX is basically).

Actually I am replacing my ATI 8M 2XAGP card this week with the new Rage Fury with 32M of RAM and DVD support.

I am ready to see this game fly on my PC wink.gif.

No Fionn, the Banshee card will not work at all with Direct3D and CM. Just having it in the same room will actually slow the game down to a crawl. But I can help you. I will take that useless card off your hands. I'll even give you a nice crisp dollar bill in return. Wait, make that two crisp dollar bills, to help cover some of the shipping cost.

CRourke,

PHEW good thing you warned me about that man. Here, maybe you can help me, I've been looking for a bridge to buy and I remember someone told me the Brooklyn Bridge was for sale. You wouldn't happen to own it and be willing to sell would you?

;)

Guest Big Time Software

Hey if you believe that, I have a game to sell you...

Oh, I wasn't supposed to say that ;)

Actually, CM will take some advantage of the larger VRAM on the cards. We plan on including two texture sets. One for the 4MB cards (lower res) and one for 8MB and higher (hires). Things will look the same at medium to far distance, but the hires stuff looks less blurry at close view. And any 3D card looks better than software mode.

Steve