New file at the Repository: Conduct Mappin Beyond Overlayer100.zip (2012-01-08)

Conduct Mappin: Beyond Overlayer is a tool for CMBN Mapmakers to use real maps.Overlayer displays a bmp file with transparency.Undelayer displays the screenshot of the CMBN map editor.This tool remembers mouse left click positions on the Overlayer, and re-clicks them on the CMBN map editor.You can see the beta here. http://youtu.be/Ay9rD-PA6kQThis tool can not deal with elevation.

More...

This seems like it would be a fantastic tool. But after installing it and following what I think are the correct steps, I don't see my bitmap transparency.

I have the CMBN editor open to my blank map, correctly sized to match the overlayer.bmp transparency I made and placed in the same folder as overlayer.uws

I launched overlayer.uws (having associated it to the .exe file) and on my desktop I get a small white window with an elliptical green shape and two colored lines on it.

The window for adjusting the degree of transparency pops up, and I am able to adjust the degree of transparency up or down. But how do I get my bitmap image into the overlay window, and how do I make the window bigger so it matches my map size?

I'm sure a lot of work went into this program. But we need much better documentation, please.

Hi, Broadsword56

a small white window with an elliptical green shape and two colored lines on it.

But how do I get my bitmap image into the overlay window,

The image with an elliptical green shape and two colored lines you saw should be the "Overlayer.bmp" I attached as a sample.

Two files with the same name can not exist in a folder, so it seems your image file's name is not "Overlayer.bmp".

Or, your Conduct Mappin Beyond Overlayer.uws and Overlayer.exe are put in the differnt folder.

The following 4 files must be put in the same folder.

*Conduct Mappin Beyond Overlayer.uws

*Overlayer.exe

*Underlayer.exe

*Overlayer.bmp

At least "Overlayer.bmp" I attached is displayed, so you can edit it.

and how do I make the window bigger so it matches my map size?

This tool has no function to make an image file bigger. It is required that the image file are edited by using a graphic editor.

I think that users want to make an image bigger, rotate, and so on. But, I can't make such a function.

It would be better to use a graphic editor.

But we need much better documentation, please.

It is difficult for me to make much better documentation in English.:(