The Pripyat Marshes have always been a barrier to invasion, but I am not sure it should be the complete wasteland that the Call to Arms game map makes it currently. If you look at maps of the Brusilov Offensive, for example, you'll see significant combat up at the north end of the front in the PM, so fighting did occur in there.

If we want to keep Pinsk itself a cosmetic feature of the map, instead of a real city, shouldn't we at least have some roads connecting it to other parts of the front?

Hi

I've done a little preliminary investigation of this, and I'm finding contradictory indicators of the importance of Pinsk and the communications network around it.

For example, looking at the West Point atlas, on their maps of Poland (e.g. map 30), Pinsk isn't connected by rail to anywhere. Though there is a railway running north-south to its east, and also with a connection from that route through the marshes to the east.

Yet, on the same atlas's map of the Brusilov Offensive, map 35, Pinsk is connected on an east-west line that runs to Brest-Litovsk which didn't appear on map 30.

This suggests that the railway connecting Pinsk was a minor one, probably a single track, i.e. that it's of more significance in a more detailed map of the area.

My original intention with this area was to have it as a pretty quiet one, with the action split between north and south. Partly due to the large size of the map, i.e. if there's a good chunk of the Eastern Front that can be ignored, then it's easier and quicker for us to play our turns, and it's also easier on the AI.

This makes me slightly hesitant to change things here, but I will give it some more thought.