CMMOS Update info

Great news, I finally got an installable version of the new CMMOS with support for CMAK. It even includes some changes to CMBB as far as filelists go, adding some new ones and fixing some mistakes.

So with luck by this weekend I will be posting the new version at the CM Mod Database along with the rulesets and some mods for CMAK. I will also start posting the revamp project for CMBO which includes all new rulesets and all new mods.

MikeT

Sounds Good,

Could you start with the different theatres and their scenarios first for CMBO? Most of us have a few mods we can use and have been using but the theatre mods and scenarios are quiet rare.

Also when the mods are posted for CMBO could they be uploaded by ruleset, not the current categories for non CMMOS mods. That way it will be easier to keep track of what mod goes with what ruleset. Same for CMAK.

I do not know how others think. But I feel the current categories do not suit the CMMOS style of mods that are associated with rulesets.

Look forward to using them.

i agree with Markl above. I had been following the instructions of how to convert the cmbo mods for uploading with CMMOS 4.03 and while having a lot of success I was discovering lots of duplicating / cross referencing of mods which makes for more files than are actually needed. there is no reason to have for example "Joe's Pavement mod" showing up in two different zip mod files

OK, it is early here but I think I can see what you mean.

Now, I just uploaded some CMMOS mods for CMAK. Here is what I did. I created a new log-in name, "CMMOS" All the CMMOS mods I uploaded will be by that name. Gurra in Sweden is doing the terrain mods and I askd him to use the same login.

You can easily search by name at the CM Mod Database for that name and find all the mods by "him". That will prevent downnload a non-CMMOS mod by accident. Also the name of each CMMOS mod has "CMMOS4" in the file name. The game will also be in there.

For instance I just uploaded the following CMMOS mods for CMAK:

ATF_HEER_LUFTWAFFE_CRETE_CMAK_CMMOS4

ATF_HEER_DAK_CMAK_CMMOS4

ATF_GERMAN_WEHR_UNIFORMS_3_ETO_CMAK_CMMOS4

ATF_GERMAN_SS_UNIFORMS_3_ETO_CMAK_CMMOS4

ATF_CANADIAN_UNIFORMS_CMAK_CMMOS4

ATF_BRITISH_CW_UNIFORMS_WINTER_CMAK_CMMOS4

ATF_BRITISH_CW_UNIFORMS_2_CMAK_CMMOS4

ATF_BRITISH_CW_UNIFORMS_1_CMAK_CMMOS4

ANDREWTF_SPW250-11_NA_CMAK_CMMOS4

ANDREWTF_SPW250-10_NA_CMAK_CMMOS4

ANDREWTF_SPW250-7_NA_CMAK_CMMOS4

ANDREWTF_KUBELWAGEN_CMAK_CMMOS4

ANDREWTF_KUBELWAGEN_CMAK_CMMOS4

The mods have the original modders name, the subject of the mod, some additional info, then the game and the fact that it is a CMMOS mod.

I am hoping that this will cut down on confusion.

Let me know if I am wrong if you can see a better plan.

On the mods for CMBO. I do want to start off with the theater mods first. They are unique, partcularly the Pacific. I even have a Star Wars mod which includes weapons sounds. I do need to do some house cleaning however. I found out that when my old PC died some files didn't make it over to the new PC. Nothing major I can clean it up. But you cannot revert to the original BFC speech files, YET!

I also have to explain about sound files. There is a bug in the way sound files are handled. I found a work around but it is rather nasty, but does work. That is what I must fix. However when done the Pacific and the Star Wars mods are among the first to do list.

Tomorrow I will start uploaded CMBO/CMMOS files. I do Fading Hopes (France-Poland 1940). I must admit I am no scenario designer but I will upload the scenario package as well.

More later, running out of time before work starts.

MikeT

MikeT