Anyone have an answer for this???

I had similer problems. What happened for me was the "band" of bizarre shapes, colors, etc. appeared after I had minimized and then re-maximized the game. Also, sometimes the whole damn screen looked like that and made the game unplayable :( . But I only encountered this during TCP/IP.

Anyway. . . All I did was go to my video card's company's website and download the latest drivers. Ta-da! Problem solved.

The problem with tcp/ip and screen corruption is caused by directx wanting to be the only thing running with direct connect [if i remember correctly]. do N OT minimize under the connection is made. However, if this is NOT the case, did you uninstall the older drivers and installing the 30.82s, or did you try to reload directx 8.1?

Rune

I have experienced this as well with both CM:BO and CM:BB It's not a problem in that it doesn't make the game crash or anything, just looks strange.

It's like a "magnet" along the edge that only picks up the lines from movement orders, targets, arcs, etc. I have experienced this my Geforce2 GTS, Geforce2 Ti and Geforce4 Ti4600. It's related to the Nvidia drivers and started happening with the 10.xx series (at least where I started to notice it).

I adjusted the image size on my monitor to stick out a bit over the edge to get cut off so I don't have to look at them any longer.

Keith