Axis vs allies win/loss ratios?

Curious how you other guys are doing in this regard. The axis seem really strong, and are winning all of my games. It seems that by the time the allies build up, that the axis has so much experience that the allies just bust their heads up against the wall.

I would say my ratio is axis 100% allies 0% in the win loss.

Same for me. Played 5 games vs a human opponent, the axis won all 5. By the time the US and UK become some kind of a threat to the Germans and the Japanese, the axis have advanced so far into China and the USSR that these nations can no longer be saved. When it is just the US and the UK versus the axis, the axis have the advantage and will win quite easily.

I *think* there are two causes, one straightforward, one esoteric.

#1, Russia and China just aren't big enough, and/or the territory isn't bad enough. Both the Germans and Japanese have too good of supply when moving into the hinterlands.

#2 The early game is played so much more than late game. We don't see how early ramifications can come to fruition later, because we get to a certain point, and you know Axis win (at least in our minds).

I think I have a Russian strategy that will work in most situations, however, it requires China to stay alive and keep the Japanese tied up, and therein lies the problem. Both Russian and China should have to fight tooth and nail to tie down massive Axis forces, but there should come a time in 1943 (or late '42 with luck) where Allied pressure stretches the Axis like taffy.

I think I would like to play more before having massive changes applied.

I find that the game is a bit pro-Axis but the Allies can with skillfull play win but some luck is also needed. If the IT chit hits to late for China things can go downhill very fast if Japan is played well. The US also needs to have early hits with IT to get started with the carrier program in time. Even with good IT the US has problems dealing the IJN before 1944.

Rannug: I like to accumulate the British carriers around the UK - use them to clear U-boats and harass the Germans and get experience. Then in mid-1943 switch them to the Far East to support the US Carrier group. That frees the US up to develop air TAC air, bombers to hit those convoys and subs. The British are really quite powerful now. Axis strategies that concentrate on USSR and China are strong but with a pro-active UK strategy the Axis might regret not taking action here.

You got good points there Colin but if the US has IT L-2 1943 due to bad luck things will be very difficult whatever strategy you have. The importance of IT overshadows most other things. I don't find that the Axis side is dependent on success in a specific tech like IT is for the Allies(China, US and Sovjetunion)