Can Move, Not Attack Following Minimizing.

So, I got the Weapons and Warfare expansion in large part b/c it allows me to play the game in a windowed mode so I can swap back and forth between working on things and taking a mind break. I booted up the 1939 Fall Weiss campaign and played my turn, ended it, and switched to my browser. A minute later I switch back and prepare to fight my next turn. I click on one of my units - I can move the unit but I am unable to attack enemy units. I think I discovered a bug. :)

I'm running Windows Vista on a Dell Inspiron 1720 with an Intel Centrino processor and 4 GB of RAM.

P.S. I do have video acceleration enabled b/c otherwise it lags so badly my mouse can barely move. Also, when I exited the game using the usual power button it took me back to the main menu but didn't refresh the screen properly - instead it kept the old screen and showed only one button. As I moused over other buttons appeared and I was able to exit....

I've tried to repeat all of these and I have not been able to do it, I wonder if you try running in Full Screen mode if it works as expected? I realize you prefer Windowed mode but if it works in Full Screen mode the nice thing is that you can still Alt-Tab back and forth, it just takes a little bit longer to refresh the in game graphics as they are entirely reset when running in Full Screen mode.

:-? I'll try the full-screen mode at some point. I'm a huge multi-tasker, so playing full screen isn't really a viable option...but I can survive by reading a book while it is running the computer turn...and hopefully a solution will become apparent at some juncture - maybe it is my video card/driver and there will be an update.

Dave

Just a quick update, FYI.

1. I found that if I minimize the game and don't return to it until the next turn begins (which I can tell via the little icon in my taskbar flashing green) then usually it works. Not always, but usually.

2. If I save the game, exit to the main menu, and attempt to load the game again I get a dialog box as it attempts to load the saved game stating:

"FAILED(on_menu_command): Segmentation violation"

When I click okay to the error message SC2 closes out automatically.

3. I can then reload SC2 and load the game without any issues.

I know its not a high priority - but just in case any of this explains why this is occurring and provides a potential fix...It'd be great for me. :)

Dave.