[Seven] CD drive not detected after install

I've installed a CD-based copy protected CMBO on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and didn't run into any problems. The game was originally version 1.0 and I installed the 1.12 patch (using "Run as administrator" from a right-click on the patch installer).

Was your copy a Battlefront or a CDV version of CMBO ? Do you have any anti-virus/firewall/internet security applications running ? I'm not aware of any specific problems, but perhaps you may need to temporarily disable some of these programs to see if it helps CMBO to run.

You are specifically getting the 'CDROM not detected' error when CMBO launches, is that correct ?

I'm not sure if this may be a case of optical drive firmware issues or some other file system features or what. In my case, running CMBO did not require launching the game with "Run as administrator". Installing the 1.12 patch DID require running as administrator since the files extracted would not copy into the directory.

Running as adminstrator may help, but I'm not sure if it will make a difference. It will basically allow the game to save files and preferences in its actual folder rather than in the 'virtualstore' directory in the user account.

Also I am NOT running this game with 'Windows XP Compatibility mode', which I don't believe will make much of a difference with our games (though some people use it). However you may want to experiment with this setting to see if it makes any sort of difference for you.