DirectSound failed - dserr_unsupported

Hello,

I am playing the game for ages, everything is working fine, but today I get this error-message: "DirectSound failed - dserr_unsupported" and the Game is shooting down to desktop.

My system is Windows 7 and the game is starting with admin rights. Reboot, re-installing sound-drivers, un- and reinstall of the game didn´t help.

Dxdiag don´t report any errors, sound is working fine in every programm except every version of SC2 (SC1 is working), including patton and pacific - everytime this error ... since this evening and I have no idea about any system-changes ....

The games were running under windows 7 properly before.

Are there any ideas what I could try else?

Thank you so much for any help!

Regards from Germany,

Realbilly

Hi Hubert,

thank you for you answer - the video-hint was a good idea. But video isn´t the first thing in my mind reading about directsound-errors ;-) Problem was my resolution indeed - I played a bit with some resolutions and now it is working again.

Horrible imagination of a weekend at home without SC2 is history now ;-)

Thanks!

Realbilly