Modern Units!

Yes, now I remember your name. Those were some nice mods you did, my name used to be Frost before they converted the website...anyway...

I basically find a picture of a tank or what have you on the internet. I usually try to use pictures of toys rather than a real picture of a tank (I for some reason see this as coming out better in the game). Save it to my desktop as a jpeg, open up photo shop and manually shrink down the size with the free transform option, then I clean it up by taking out white pixels and such, but when I paste it in I'm losing a lot of resolution, and it looks pathetic in comparison to the 3-d mods that come with the game, or your mods for that matter.

Any advice on keeping good resolution?

thanks for the response

I basically find a picture of a tank or what have you on the internet. I usually try to use pictures of toys rather than a real picture of a tank (I for some reason see this as coming out better in the game).

Good start. I use toy/model images because they tend to have better lighting and detail, and the foreground is often very distinct from the background.

Save it to my desktop as a jpeg, open up photo shop and manually shrink down the size with the free transform option, then I clean it up by taking out white pixels and such, but when I paste it in I'm losing a lot of resolution, and it looks pathetic in comparison to the 3-d mods that come with the game, or your mods for that matter.

Any advice on keeping good resolution?

thanks for the response

I would use the Image Size tool you have more control over how the program shrinks the image. I also separate the object from the foreground and cut around it before resizing. Then post-sizing massaging is needed. I'll bang up a graphic tomorrow and go through it step by step.

I would use the Image Size tool you have more control over how the program shrinks the image. I also separate the object from the foreground and cut around it before resizing. Then post-sizing massaging is needed. I'll bang up a graphic tomorrow and go through it step by step.

Mabus77 i have seen your post and your comment on my thread .

You are looking for modern units.

I have uploaded 2 pictures with units. One with US units and another with European + Russian units.

Ofcource you can mix and match.

USA

americanmodern.th.jpg

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1954/americanmodern.jpg

European+Russian

europeussrmodern.th.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1622/europeussrmodern.jpg