Continuing an old debate thread

Interesting what Steve was saying about features being included or not. If certain features are not there it will keep me from buying a game. I finally bought CMSF 1.11 because certain features are now there that were not there before. If they were not added I would not have bought it. Fortunately Battlefront listens to feedback from their fans.

Here are the added features that finally sold me from previous demos even though I think some features should be added or changed to improve the game. The game now feels more like the spirit we all enjoyed in Cmx1.

CAMERA: May sound trivial but this was a major point with me. I think all will agree the old pre set camera position from Cmx1 that are now included are a big improvement. Not being able to see the unit while locked on it on 3 or higher was a major turn off.

IMPROVED AI: The troops are much more logical now in engaging and moving. The Assault command works the same as I envisioned it for my concept SS3 game. Gave a squad to move out in the open and it deviated taking a trench line in the direction I specified. Impressive show of “what would you do logic”. In older demos I was not impressed with the AI in engaging the enemy, finding cover, and movement. The units now react much quicker much like they did in Cmx1.

My biggest peeve with the current game is the COVER ARC graphic, and lack of quick 180-degree control as in CMx1. Why such an overpowering graphic? Why now a quick 360 degree? Doesn’t 180 degree make more sense for facing a turret? I think the old orange lines were much more pleasing to the eye being less overpowering with better control options. I am sure most would have to agree with this.