Good News on Demo and A Question

152mmDumbRocket

If you look in the News section of the DT home page, you'll see that the DT demo's received an "Excellent" rating by Findmysoft.com! On a related question, how many people are playing the demo these days? If 2000 people have downloaded it over 2 years, there have to be some people still playing, people I could tell about the full version. Does anyone have anything to say about the demo?

152 as you know the only way I got into DT was through the demo; I think it gives a great taster for the full version; I must've played that one map so many times. It'd be good if demo users were allowed a limited time or something to test out for internet play maybe so they can see that side of things as it's a whole different, and more fun, ball game.

Silly me, I'd forgotten, there is no demo server currently running! :o We might want to create a new demo server, as that's the only way (outside of the forums) to get new players. Given that Delta Pavonis is a 3 GHz P4 (pre-Prescott, most likely) with 1 GB DDR 400 RAM and a 160GB HDD, it shouldn't be too difficult to build a server, or rent a equivalent. jby's the best option, given he's already run a server of his own once, and has experience building his own PCs. However, Kim, you and Aniruddha are also good options, since you have access to those great hosting servers in Amsterdam.

Posted by missinginreality

152 as you know the only way I got into DT was through the demo; I think it gives a great taster for the full version; I must've played that one map so many times. It'd be good if demo users were allowed a limited time or something to test out for internet play maybe so they can see that side of things as it's a whole different, and more fun, ball game.

Good points. Sadly, I don't have any control over that. :( However, DT2 is in the future, though Clay isn't answering any of my emails. (My last email to him was on the 12th of this month) The last time he wrote to me was in June, I think. He said then that they were hard at work on making DT2.