Demo Won't Launch? Please Run the Configuration Utility First

Hey everyone, if your having a problem with the demo not launching, please run the towsetup.exe first and set your preferences.

Default location of the Config Program: Start Menu>Program Files>Battlefront>Theatre of War Demo>Configure Theatre of War Demo.

I am going to upload a *fixed* demo which will resolve this issue but the fix above will work fine.

Madmatt

Don't forget to save the changes? ;)

Other than that the only other thing I could think of would be to install the codec mention in another thread here. Although normally that should have nothing to do with launching the game as such, just the intro video.

Martin

Hi Martin/Matt,

Below are the specs I promised - I realise that the graphics card is probably not up to scratch, but that shouldn't prevent the game from even starting up?!

SatPro L10 Toshiba Laptop

Intel® Pen® M Processor

Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel 1.7 Mhz

Windows XP

Intel® 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller

64 MB, Display 1024*768 (32bt) (60Hz)

Physical Mem 512 MB

Virtual Mem 2.0GB

Hard drive 55GB

Direct X 9.0C

What th....? Everytime I try to start the demo it flips the screen upside-down!! I have tried several different settings. One even put it sideways!

Help!

edit: Found the solution elsewhere within this forum.

[ April 18, 2007, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Neskire ]

I am not the right person to give specifics, but I know that laptops are often excluded from support lists due to some odd and special drivers and boards and all that. You also have the M processor which I believe is notoriously problematic. So that might be it. But one of the support guys or devs will be here soon to help out with more details. They are currently either busy with, ahem, other stuff, or sleeping. We're working shifts now ;)

Martin