Public test installed but won't run

Poita

I downloaded the public test but when i run it it shows the low res front splash screen then just drops back to the desk top.

I ran the 'updater' in the start menu and it updated but same result.

As an old Battlezone 1 & 2 fan im looking forward to trying it out.

My system is:

Windows XP prof.

AMD 2.4

1 gig ram.

Nvidia 5950 ultra 256 meg card.

Ok funny you should mention the demo comming soon because i saw it listed on worthplaying.com today.

I uninstalled the mp beeta thing, uninstalled my nvidia graphics driver and installed the most recent one. I installed the demo and . . . . same result.

When i start the demo it locks up on the splash screen. Won't evenlet me ctrl, alt, delete out and i have to press the power button for a few seconds to do a cold shutdown.

??????????????????????

Are you running ZoneAlarm or any other kind of software firewall? If so, give DropTeam free access before running or temporarily disable it just to see if that will allow DropTeam to start.

Sometimes when running fullscreen, software firewall or protection programs will popup a window that you can't see (because DropTeam is running fullscreen). You will be hung while this external program is waiting for your input. To find out if this is the case, you can set DropTeam to run in a window by editing the file called DropTeamSettings.dat in your home directory and changing the IsFullscreen item from 1 to 0. Now when DropTeam runs it will be in a window. Once you resolve the issue, you can go to the "Settings" tab and turn on the "Fullscreen" checkbox to return to fullscreen.

Let us know how it goes!

I have to type it as it won't let me copy.

C:\Documents and settings\'my name'>set

ALLUSERSPROFILE=c:\documents and settings\all users

APPDATA=C:\documents and settings\my name\application data

clientname=console

commonprogramfiles=C:\program files\comon files

computername='my computer name'

comspec=C:\wondows\system32\cmd.exe

FP_No_host_check=no

HOMEDRIVE=c:

HOMEPATH=\documetns andsettings\my name

etc etc etc

hope that is enough to solve it.

I installed the demo on my D partition not my C.

I'm running the new demo and I get a total freeze on the screen right after the splash screen. Thought it may be Zone Alarm so I shut it down, which allowed me to ge past the splash screen. I can get to the initial screen (with the options tabs) but then get a total freeze and have to do a hard reboot every time. The sound starts during this time and the mouse cursor moves but I can't select anything, and after 30 secs or so the sound cuts out too. Can't Alt-Tab or CTRL-ALT-DEL or anything. My system:

Athlon 64 3000+

Radeon X1600Pro w\Catalyst 6.5

1GB OCZ DC Ram

XP SP 2

DFI Lanparty UT NF4 MB