A League to Play the Included Campaigns?

Ike

Wouldn't CMC itself provide all the communication you needed? I believe I read somewhere that it models higher commanders giving orders and the delay of those orders getting to the front line units, etc.

Perhaps that would be enough to keep everyone organised. It would also be a little more realistic than an open-to-the-whole-team forum, as the lower commanders would then only know the orders they've recieved, and perhaps not the over-all strategy decided upon by the higher level officers.

Then again, there'd have to be a dedicated group of players to be able to handle a month's worth of real life time where their only participation in the game is "Wait for further orders".

Excellent idea, though!

Originally posted by Ike:

Ah, you're right. It isn't a playable idea, then. Thanks for pointing all that out. Never mind, then.

Uh, so you're saying that CMC, though a nice idea, isn't playable? :confused:

I beg to differ... One could easily come up with a set of tourney rules that would work quite well. The fact that there are no valuable prizes available may mean that you'll have to be a little more loose in the command structure, but that doesn't sink the idea.

Originally posted by BigDog944:

"Uh, so you're saying that CMC, though a nice idea, isn't playable?"

No, what I'm saying is that the idea I posted for a league for CMC isn't playable, since there are no prizes - although I gather that from your second post - and any and all communication issues which might be simulated via a forum are already contained in CMC. I hope that clarifies my post.

Well, that's true, but the creation of the FoW in the first place has prior to CMC been accomplished by various limited permission hidden fora for the sides and GMs, etc. Now with CMC, there is no reason for players to come to a forum website for a campaign; CMC handles all the FoW issues. And they can find opponents etc through already existing forums and websites. Hence, my idea is not a useful one.