...and artillery?

Since I am asking silly questions, why stop at just one?

How will artillery be handled? For me and my Allied General campaign system these confronted me with several headaches in the translation from operational to tactical, though the rigid scale of CMC would solve most I guess.

If I have, say Soviet 76mm field artillery can I use them in multiple roles? I assume that if they are on the field in a generated CMBB battle CMC would disqualify them from lending a hand with indirect fire at that point right? But if I have 76mm guns away from the action I could task them to lend a FO to the battle? But next battle I could use them as on board guns again, right?

How will big guns be handled? All fine and dandy giving FOs when they lend fire support but how will I handle them if these big guns (not included in CMBB on map) get caught up in a battle should they stray too close to the action, how will I be able to destroy them during that battle using my on map forces? I would guess counter battery fire is calculated by the CMC engine on its own. But if my tanks and infantry stumble into a battle where heavy artillery is defended by a few enemy units how will that generated battle be portrayed?

Lastly (for now), FOs come on the tactical map representing fixed battery sizes (2,4 and 6 usually) how would CMC deal with depleted artillery units? If there is 1 gun left but the minimum size FO for that type is 4, will its ammo count be reduced to 1/4 or or is some special trickery involved?

Quick, answer me ASAP, the question mark on my keyboard is wearing out!!! :D;)

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

How will artillery be handled?

Lastly (for now), FOs come on the tactical map representing fixed battery sizes (2,4 and 6 usually) how would CMC deal with depleted artillery units? If there is 1 gun left but the minimum size FO for that type is 4, will its ammo count be reduced to 1/4 or or is some special trickery involved?

Artillery units in support of other units lend them FOs for battles they are involved in. For depleted units, ammo is reduced.