"little white lines"with Voodoo 5500 and 4xFSAA

When i play CMBO with 4xFSAA enabled on my V5500(AMD Thunderbird 800,128 meg ram,Via chipset mobo)and its a scenario featuring snow or heavy fog,I can see little white horizontal lines appearing on vehicles and buildings.If I go down to 2xFSAA,or play a scenario with no fog or snow then everything is fine.I know the easy answer,"play in 2xFSAA,and dont touch snow or fog",but 4xFSAA looks so good and some of the best scenarios feature snow and/or fog.Any ideas?

What OS are you running ? Which drivers are you using for the V5500 - 1.03.00 (Sept 25,2000) or something older (1.01.03 BETA; Sept 1,2000) ? Do you have to be close up to see the white horizontal lines or can you see this in views 3 & 4 ?

Do you have the latest VIA drivers for your chipset ?

VIA 4-in-1 Drivers:

http://www.via.com.tw/drivers/index.htm

Though I wouldnt' think that the chipset drivers would be contributing to your problem. I'm not sure if any adjustments in the LOD Bias would help with your issue or not. What resolution are you running at ? Have you tried different resolutions or color depths (I suggest only 16, 24 or 32 bit) ?