.bmp #'s for 88mm Pak43 (L71)

Thanks DEY,, it was the shield that was causing the problem. 13289.bmp was the culprit. I had the "keyhole-like" .bmp [the breech?] in its place for some reason. For now I've exchanged it with the stock one. 13289shield.jpg

MikeyD -- if you're listening, do you still have 88mm Pak43 you modded for 'BB back in '03?

forum reference

It must have been lost in great CMMODS crash awhile back because its not listed anymore.

[ October 27, 2005, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: _UXcva ]

Whoop's I forgot that first digit one, I was screwing around with some BO stuff yesterday and that kind of frigged up my mind set a bit.

It is a bit odd that BTS included an unfinished unit like that in the game, it would've looked very nice had the shield been done as the rest of it.

No, you was right the first time, for some strange reason everything was camo'ed on that gun from the original artwork but the shield. That screenie of yours looks like the BTS's original gun artwork shipped with cmbb and cmak.

At least it had some camo on it, they didn't camo the flak gun at all, but I guess they didn't do that for any of the game versions.

That screw-up you had did look like you had artwork for a breech block mechanism numbered for the same number as the shield before.

Originally posted by DEY:

It is a bit odd that BTS included an unfinished unit like that in the game, it would've looked very nice had the shield been done as the rest of it.

I agree... I took a look at an unmodded version of the gun via a BU. In both 'BB and 'AK the stock (original) version of the 88mm L/71 has a non-camoed shield as here:

stock88L71.jpg