I have a problem with my screen flickering when I try to play.

milkit

I got a new computer and am trying to play the game. On my old computer it works fine. But on the new computer whenever I use the side options (diplomacy, buying units, etc..) the screen goes black for a second. It just seems to take a while to change from the map to another screen. I think it may have something to do with screen resolution or something like that but I am not sure.

Does anyone have any ideas? Right now I cannot play because it slows the game down so much and is aggravating. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Several reasons can cause all this. Broken Monitor, wrong driver, broken Chord connecting to the back of your computer(broken pin or bent one), wrong refresh rate, etc... goto display driver in control panel. goto advanced, flickering could be your MGhz on your Refreshrate.. Perhaps set too low smile.gif sensitive eyes will see this on SC cause the screen brings it out, I set mine to 85 or so, some monitors mind you cannot take that without busting.

Also the wrong driver can cause a flicker, may try to remove your current one, check your Manuals, the Make of your Computer for the Current Driver<whichever> you may have to goto your Manfacturers website, want more help?

E-mail me at TMSFORMS@AOL.COM or ask the pros on here.

IN THE END, Windows Help will guide you through what I can, just gotta do your homework especially in XP, it's all pretty simple if you just make a few mistakes... Always can revert back, reinstall XP ;) Write me before you blast your machine into smitherines or bust your back if you're not Computer Literate are Rich, call a Techie Austa Lavista

• 1 month later...