Newbie to the SC series

Eagle Of Death

OK, I did some searches on the forum but didn't really find the answer I was looking for. I have never played SC before so I have a few questions about it. So please pateint with me. smile.gif

My goal is to find a war game that I cannot beat in one week. If it takes months for me to beat it (assuming I play it for 5 hrs perweek or so) I am just fione with that. Thats what I want. smile.gif

1)- Is there a tme limit on the game? For ex: if the player doesn't win at a certain time (say by 1945) does the game automatically end?

2)- Are there any mods to the game such as graphical, unit skins, ECT and assuming there is a "time limit" in the game, is there one to take that out?

3)- Does SC allow for world domination? For ex: if I play as the US can I attack South America and claim their territory? If not, is there a mod that will allow for that?

4)- Does SC allow for different diplomacy in nations? Can I control production, ploitics, ECT of my country?

5)- How does this game compare to HOI 2? (Please don't flame me for this one...)

OK, thanks. I appreciate any help I get in advance.

OK, here goes :

1 - Not sure of this one, think the game plays till somewhere in 46. I also seem to remember some victory conditions concerning capitals. Best to check the manual or wait for someone who has been playing the game lately ;) .

2 - Lookie here

3 - SC covers the European theatre only, so no world domination or other continents. SC2 will only cover the ETO as well.

4 - SC will allow you to play the Allies or the Axis, not individual countries. Diplomacy is not a big deal in SC, only declarations of war are possible and these will affect the entry of other countries.SC2 will have more diplomatic options.

5 - HOI I and II is a completely different game. SC is turn based, not as complex although not simple. SC really shines in PBEM or TCP/IP play against other players, there are really some awesome players out there.

The PBEM community is quite large, you can find them here.

The AI is quite easy to beat, even on the hardest setting once you get to know the game.

SC is a great game, I had many fun hours with it and the community here is awesome as well although things have slowed down a bit since everyone is awaiting SC2!

Welcome to the forum! smile.gif

3 - SC covers the European theatre only, so no world domination or other continents. SC2 will only cover the ETO as well.

On the SC2 website it says in their FAQ;

"So are you saying that I can also make a Pacific Theater campaign if I want to?

Yes! :)

So are you saying that I could even make an entire WW2 “whole world” campaign, too?

YES! :)"

I know that you meant the core game but at least mods can be made for this.

SC2 looks EXACTLY what I am looking for. smile.gif