How to conquer Norway in MP?

Boron

If you play vs. a human player how do you conquer norway as axis?

The royal navy is so strong at the start of the scenario that it seems almost impossible to me to play historically as germany, i.e. conquer norway,netherlands and france till june/july 1940.

I played yesterday my first MP game with a friend and he took the germans and wanted to play with no houserules at all to see if it is possible at all.

With all the french and british ships i defeated his invasion attempt in norway and then he tried to defeat france and declared war on netherlands in april 1940 but i managed to block him by forming a line through the netherlands exploiting the rhine.

A long war of attrition started but in late 1941 he surrendered.

Italy never joined the axis neither.

We are both newbies, we have the game since three days.

Are there normally houserules in a mp game or how do you defeat france in MP? And how do you land at all in norway?

If you use your 3 airfleets you might be able to conquer norway maybe, but if you do so this will take a very long time i guess.

Or is MP normally played with fog of war?

I would like to play it in MP smile.gif .

Is there a problem with language versions?

I got the german bugdet version offered in the magazine Gamestar.

@Mr.Dozer: I would like to play with you. My ICQ is 311104655. I want to only play direct TCP/IP sessions though because i am too impatient to do a long pbem smile.gif .

If anybody else is interested to play with a newbie just contact me in ICQ smile.gif .