Von Lauchert Help

This is my first mass tank battle map..

I move my tanks (soviet) to the ridge and instruct them to move to hull down, but when they get there they just reverse when they see their out-gunned..

What do I do, wait behind the ridge until a scout let's me know they've advanced far enough, then rush them? That's all I can think of that'll give me a chance against Tigers..

[ December 01, 2003, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: lazysack ]

Don't gp hull down, read teh terrain and find the best possible route to get to the gully. Look towards teh right of the map. That is a Historical map based on the real thing, so complain to God about the terrain. smile.gif

Once you find the route on turn one, you have to know the weakness of the Panther. The weakness of the Panther is its sides and rear. He isn't goping to show you his rear, so go full speed to get in the gully with as much as possible. You are going to lsoe tanks, of that, there is no doubt. Eventually they have to approach the gully, use side sides and take out the Panthers.

Historically, the 12 did massive damage that day. The Russians soon adopted new tactics [close the distance] until better tanks were made. The Panther had great losses the previoues few days, as they were used incorrectly, and was an interesting read.

Rune

• 2 weeks later...