A humble request.

Hello to all you scenario/operation makers out there,ive got a request for you.Not sure if it is ok to do this here,but i see the need for what i am asking for.

There are virtualy no medium map size operations.Not included on the CD,and certainly not anywhere else.I have downloaded and played to death all the ones i have found from the usual places(yes i know them all so please no links to em tongue.gif )They dont have to be historic/semi historic,and can be any time period(hell it can be on the moon as long as it is what im looking for).I just want some medium(and if need be large)size operations that have the germans on defense in a rural/farmland/steepe setting.Just one catch,no building/bridges villages or any of that other crap that you are ALWAYS fighting over.A good example of what im looking for is a scenario called"Lonely Country".Now i know it isnt ment to be played axis vs. AI,but man would it have been awesome if it were.An inferior german force performing delaying actions against a superior(in quality and quantity)soviet force.Anything like this would be great,and VERY much apreciated.Hell ill even come to your house and shake your hand,pat you on the back and say Thank You Buddy!! :D Then again,maybe i already know where you live,and might pay you a visit if you dont :eek: Joking of course,or am i?....dun dun DUN. :rolleyes:

Again thanks for all your great work!!

On the CD Dergratschi Roadblock is a medium in most cases. In fact, it was "medium" until the very last draft. The reason for this is the way CM figures out the so called size of a battle is counting every unit, including fortifications & conditional reinforcements then assigning a word to it. This total runs over the life of a battle or operation, which virtually garuntees that any operation over 4 battles long will be large at least, even if all you see is a company here or there. Bottom line is do not put too much weight in the CM size rating, as it is exceedingly artificial. Especially when it comes to operations.

Also recognize that the smallest map you can make for an operation is 1200m in at least one dimension. They cannot be any shorter.

WWB

Originally posted by wwb_99:

Bottom line is do not put too much weight in the CM size rating, as it is exceedingly artificial.

Hmmm ergo it would be nifty if SDs told us what size it "really" was... CPU-wise, I mean.

I "played" one op which kept getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger... until it just flat out wouldn't load! Oh well- guess I won. smile.gif

Eden

Hehe. Problem is it depends on CPU. I have only had to put a warning on 1 thing that is currently released and another thing that I actually have been sitting on due to turn-crunching time.

Other than that, I really see no need to warn folks. Poor Kingfish plays just about everything on a P-233. If he can do that, I am sure folks with P2-450s can handle anything they are willing to put up with.

WWB