Does someone already plans for a Ranking System?

but that's not really ranking but more a track of you record. you cam play many battles with weal players and makes pts, you cant know if a players is really good, you just know that he have beaten others, that's a bit relative to who your playing. I guess for now that the only one available....

Hello!

care for my two cents?

Well,If you do,..

As a go player who USED to play on the IGS

(internet go server)but HAD TO QUIT because of the rating system making playing frustrating and tedious,Here is a list of

things I saw a rating system produce:

1)UNDO frown.gife-mail resopnse)"Hey,sorry,but that Stug of mine you just knocked out wasn't

supposed to have moved.I was checking los with it and i must have pressed M or something,sorry.Anyway,I'm sending you my turn over again"or something as silly.

believe it or not,i once heard that the family cat accidently pressed the mouse button!

2)once you start winning:no e-mail!EVER AGAIN!or,"Hey,sorry,but i lost our game file(s),want to start over?

3)RANKING:in a game like cm,the scenario

is not always balanced.How faithfully

could a PLAYER rating system portray

ones ability to play the game?Like BTS

said,you might come up with a first rate battle plan and still get whipped.

All theese factors(and alot more)

in the long run KEEP people from playing.

PEBM is there FOR us to play,not for us to say "well,I would accept,but their rating is

so High/Low that if i lose,it will screw up

my prescious 21/3 record...

P.S.another solution?If you are the type of person that just really has to be no.1,

back it up,PLAY FOR MONEY!