Campaigns (US / Marines and games in the future)

MARS42

After the release of CMSF2 some weeks ago, i bought the great bundle with all modules included. As a german, i´m logically impatiently waiting for the reworked Nato campaigns.

In the meantime i used the last few weeks for playing the US and Marines campaigns and finished both yesterday. In my opinion, these two were the best campaigns ever made by the Battlefront team. A lot more than 10 missions per campaign, little and big maps, a great variety of missions, some only platoon sized, some with many more units in it.....great stuff.

For me, a well done campaign is the most important feature of a wargame. So after the experiences with the releases of the last few years (Russian Front and Ardennes) , which had more campaigns, but shorter ones with mostly huge maps and too much units on it, my wish for the future games of Battlefront is as follows: Please create such great and varied campaigns like the ones in CMSF 2 again. 

Oh...i know, Steve hates this question 🙂: In which timeframe can we expect the Nato and british campaigns?

"Kaliber statt Spoiler"

Edited by MARS42

well the reworked campaigns I can't say (and I doubt Steve can either).  Reworking even the maps for CMSF2 can be a struggle.  If the new map is going to have water,  suddenly all your terrain settings come into question.  I have redone a couple user made ones for myself adding in rivers, streams and canals where intended and have gotten myself in further than I'd expected when suddenly the mildly banked river becomes a canyon because somewhere else on the map is a lower elevation setting.  You then find yourself editing the whole map trying to keep the feel of it while adjusting to the elevation settings... and that is just the map.

That being said the originals will still play in CMSF2.  You just won't have adjustments for AI plans or map updates.  Feature capability will still be there.