Trophy for US Army is happening

There's been an ongoing complaint on the CMBS Forum that APS for US tanks isn't real, yet somehow it is, as seen in this 2017 post from the well-informed insider who runs Below the Turret Ring. Though quantities are lacking, it's clear an order was placed (urgent material request) for it to be installed on a not named ABCT by GDLS (General Dynamic Land Systems). Interestingly, the photo shows it on a prototype of the also hotly debated M1A2SEPV3 Abrams. To be fair, the installation is to be complete in 2019, with tanks deployed in 2020. Given the dates, have concluded an urgent material request doesn't have much urgency. 

https://below-the-turret-ring.blogspot.com/2017/10/hardkill-aps-us-army-buys-trophy-europe.html

2018 saw the signing of a $193 million Trophy deal with Rafael. Again, no quantity was listed, and the US order was from, not the Army, but a defense firm I never heard of called Leonardo DRS.

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5297227,00.html

Believe Steve's taken the position the US could field it in the CMBS time frame if it needed to do so. Were Trophy a QRC (Quick Reaction Capability) matter, then I believe this is a credible position to take. During the Vietnam War, North American Aviation converted an F-100F into a Wild Weasel in a mere 90 days on a TOP SECRET project with top priority for, well, anything needed. Money was no object. Have this from the mouth of Walter Darling who was directly involved and was a colleague of mine at Rockwell NAAO (North American Aerospace Operations) in Operations Analysis.

Regards,

John Kettler

• 1 month later...