1.) Do you only hear this in QBs?  If YES see answer A).

2.) Do the trees and grass sway?  If NO see answer B).

3.) Does it show up in a regular scenario (or editor map) that is set to clear and calm wind settings?  If YES see answer B).

A.) Clear and Dry settings don't have anything to do with wind strength. Wind strength (in the editor) has a separate drop down menu. Wind strength dictates the windy noise. However, I don't know how the QB generator chooses that. My guess would be it is random seeing that there are no choices for it. Try running some tests. Set up a bunch of tiny QBs and run them and see if you are getting the wind sound on everyone.

B.) Do you have any mods installed? If I remember correctly, there's a mod I had used that was pretty loud wind wise, even on calm days. Look in your data folder for a mod entitled "background day combat". Click it and see how it sounds. If it has loud wind noise that is your culprit. Remove it from the folder.

Hope this helps.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

No worries. You still might want to check to see if grass and trees sway just to identify where the conflict is emanating from. If the grass and trees aren't moving then it's definitely something weird going on with your install or a clash with Windows.

Mord.

Edited by Mord