Holiday pans? Messerschmitt Museum!

StieliAlpha

Guys, if you are planning a holiday to Germany or better Bavaria this year, this might be of interest:

Visit the Messerschmitt Museum in Manching, say 60k north of Munich. It's quite a unique thing.

They call themselves "Flying Museum", i.e. all their planes on dispaly are being properly maintained and actually still in working condition.E.g., I saw the Me 262 some 4 years ago flying a disdplay during the Air14 in Switzerland.

The Museum does not have a fixed display. If a plane is away for repair or on a show: Tough luck. But then, if they do repairs on their own premises, you also do get to see the planes in different assembly stages. The pic below gives a nice impression.

The museum in Manching is a tiny little thing, more a combination of Museum and workshop. Entry is for free. But you need to book long in advance. The museum is open only one Friday per month. After applying for permission to enter, you have to go through a security clearance before you get your invitation, because the museum is situated on the  premises of Airbus Industries, right next to  the "Airbus Defense" branch. That's why you even get a nice bus tour through the plant and might be lucky to see an Eurofighter being tested somewhere or starting from their own runway.

Check out out here: http://www.flugmuseum-messerschmitt.de/

Should the 2 1/2h in the Messerschmitt Museum not be enough (and should it still be too early for the beer garden): There is great Museum about Celts in Bavaria, just next door.

DSC_0293.JPG

Edited by StieliAlpha