Are these things new?

Or have I just not noticed them before? I'm playing the scenario "Eye of the Needle" in v4.0 and two things have happened that struck me as odd. 

1) Su-76Ms that have a small amount of HE and a lot of AP remaining have repeatedly used AP against individual Germans manning heavy weapons. I thought this was great since it took out the enemy and didn't waste precious HE, but it's not something I recall seeing before. It seems like a very clever AI ammo choice.

2) A Soviet Rifle Platoon that has lost its commander (included in 1st Squad) is somehow maintaining C2 over its squads. I thought in the past I've specifically noticed that Soviet Rifle Platoons that have the commander in 1st Squad a) don't have XOs and b ) therefore lose C2 completely when the commander is killed. They don't have any higher HQs within voice/close visual range (50m) that could be keeping them in C2.

Edited by General Liederkranz

• 1 month later...