The unsung side of the Normandy campaign

Though I did some reading on this years and years ago in the pertinent Army Green history volume, I came across this and thought I"d pass the word. Saw it on ebay, but that link would get me into trouble, so here it is from Amazon. Patrick Delaforce is a WW II veteran and an excellent writer.

Smashing the Atlantic Wall: The Destruction of Hitler’s Coastal Fortresses Paperback – November 27, 2006

https://www.amazon.com/Smashing-Atlantic-Wall-Destruction-Fortresses/dp/1844153711/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1500793671&sr=1-1&keywords=smashing+the+atlantic+wall

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

13 hours ago, John Kettler said:

Patrick Delaforce is a WW II veteran and an excellent writer.

The reviewer who gave it two stars didn't think so. ISTR reading something else by Delaforce years go but have no recollection what it was about, so he must not have made much of an impression on me.

BTW, Zaloga released a book three or four years back on the part of the Atlantic Wall where the invasion went in, and it is a little gem; which is typical of him.

Michael