CMers! Killer deal buy 3,get 1 FREE on military (& other) books

Guys,

Wanted to let you know there's a splendid promotion underway by betterworldbooks on ebay. Buy 3 clearance books and get 1 free. Staying solely on military matters, here's why you you might find this worthwhile.  Clearance books are $3.99 and come with FREE shipping. Some are new, while others are used. Several of mine are ex-library. Examples of what's available, all of which I have. I have more books than these (what I saved getting a deal on a great pair of out of production walking shoes mysteriously got spent buying books!), including John Keegan's book INTELLIGENCE and two books on Spec Ops. Here's the link which is specifically for military books, but the actual choices are legion. Military books alone go for many pages at 48 books/page and cover everything from pretty much now clear back to ancient China, if not more. I don't have the budget, but it would be trivial to buy linear feet of books, in terms of bookcase  space. But there's a great bonus other than saving gobs of money. This firm is very socially conscious, has donated scads of books and $14 million to five different literacy programs all over the world!

BRASSEY'S ENCYCLOPEDIA OF MILITARY HISTORY AND BIOGRAPHY, Franklin Margiotte, Ed. 1994 

This was a $45.00 hardcover reference  book in 1994. Mine is ex-library in excellent condition, dust jacket intact and in one of those clear heay duty library covers, too. 1197 pages, of which 56 are Index.

SECRET WEAPONS: Technology, Science & the Race to Win World War II by Brian Ford 2011

Hardcover Osprey book on enameled stock and replete with photos, drawings, beautiful renderings and more. Covers a lot more ground than his previous works on this theme, with numerous new topics addressed, such as chemical, warfare, Russian A-Bomb work, etc. 286 pages. Mine's in excellent shape, including dust jacket.

PANTHER: Germany's Quest for Combat Dominance, by MIchael and Gladys Green

Another Osprey book, but this one's got tons of color photos of whole tanks, shot up tanks with all sorts of fascinating damage, interior shots, components, line drawings, etc. All crew stations have clear color photos with separate descriptions, and there's even a photo of what we fondly call the Naverboogie, q.v. This is much more than a book about the Panther as a tank, but as it relates to a much broader array of topics, with a fair coverage of its foes. This thing even covers the ersatz M10s and the scissors periscopic telescopes for which neither the US nor the Russians had an answer. Numerous surviving Panthers from museums appear in full color. Frankly, it's a wonder I haven't drooled on the pages merely while skimming this impressive book, I don't own either Jentz or Spielberger on the Panther, so this is my sole Panther book. 288 pages. Mine is primo, other than that the dust jacket has a tiny tear on the top back and is a bit dinged right across the top.

Don't know how long this promotion's going to last, but I'd recommend jumping on it soon, if not now!

Regards,

John Kettler

I learned something as I was going to go through checkout with 8 books for the price of 6. Doesn't work that way. The buy 3 get 1 FREE applies once per transaction, and the book discount is taken using the least expensive, but since they're all $3.99, who cares? The books all ship free, so pick 4, but pay for 3. Iterate as needed.

Regards,

John Kettler

Confess myself surprised no one else has chimed in at all on the OP, which I thought would be exciting to all the military bibliophiles I know frequent these Forums. Such a tremendous opportunity to get great books for a song. Was so happy, in fact, I spent a whole $10.72 on 4 more.

Regards,

John Kettler

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Wanted to let you know RZM Imports. rzm. usual. has some truly amazing books on clearance. RZM popped up in search after I saw grog publisher extraordinaire J.J. Fedeorowicz mentioned in a Tiger tank book review. Would you believe a book on a Spanish unit of the Wehrmacht which fought to the last during the Battle of Berlin, Swedish B-17s in military and civilian service, and the operational history of the Jadtiger, for starters? You might want to hurry because in some cases, there are only two left!

Regards,

John Kettler