Review of TV Show

Those of you with any interest in stone age anthropology should check out a NOVA episode that PBS has put up again on their website called Dawn of Humanity. This is a rollicking good tale masterfully told of the discovery of a cache of hominin bones in South Africa a few years back. If that sounds dry, believe me it isn't. I watched it twice when it was up on their website before, and just for entertainment value, it still scores highly in my book. The passage to get to the bones is extremely narrow, so the leader of the excavation advertised on the internet for anthropologists who were "skinny" and was surprised to get a flood of applications from which he selected an all female crew. Several of these turned out to be interesting characters in their own right. Note that this is a two hour show, so if you want to watch it, budget enough time for it so that you won't be rushed.

Michael

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, John Kettler said:

Am fairly certain I can find a way to watch this online.

I'll save you some searching, John. You can find it at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution/dawn-of-humanity.html . Don't be discouraged by the small image size; you can enlarge it to full screen.

Michael