For computerphiles Only

kevinkin

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-bringing-new-game-mode-windows-10-enhanced-pc-gaming-experience

"It's unclear if Game Mode will work with all Win32 games from the likes of Steam or Origin (we're assuming it will), or if it'll be limited to games from the Windows Store. Regardless, it's interesting to see Microsoft taking PC gaming seriously again, as for a while they kind of abandoned it in favor of Xbox. Now Microsoft's goal is the merge the two, as they both run on the same platform after all."

Sounds like good news. But it all depends on Microsoft's follow up and developer acceptance. 

Kevin

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would not be surprised. It is in their best interest. I don't have a statistic but I am getting the impression based on the community discussion forums at steam, computer (PC) gaming is making a surge again. I know of people who have started games on consoles, and when they saw the games on PC, actually went out and bought gaming rigs. This includes more features, add ons, DLC, options, with more community and vendor modifications available. The flexibility offered you can't get on a console device.

If M$ wants to keep selling a new OS every 2 years without giving them out for free they need a new concept like this. Not to mention many people are already kind of tweaking windows for games already, and that can be a pita even though it equates to lowering background processor overhead, and funneling resources to graphics crunching.