WWI, Breakthrough Coding Modifications

I hope I have posted this in the correct area, if not please let me know the appropriate area for future communication.

I have been playing SC games since Weapons and Warfare. I love the games... :)

In terms of Coding,

I would like to modify the combat data of some of the units, like giving tanks shell build up capability as an example.

This is for ahistorical/fictional scenarios...

Is it possible to mod these statistics? I have found some files specifically combat.inf... is there an editor for this file or what language is it programmed in? C++...

Let me know and thanks for helpful responses...

Hi Andromahkos,

Not sure if you've tried the campaign Editor that came with the game but just throwing that out there in case you've missed it as it will enable you to modify as much as possible within the limitations of the game engine.

For example, editing and modifying unit combat data is all possible within the Editor but there are some things you cannot change such as giving tanks shell build up capability as this is more or less handled by the game engine.

The combat.inf and other *.inf files are just the default files that any new campaign will use as the default set of data. After that editing that data in the Editor is what gives the campaign its own unique settings so there is no real advantage of editing the default files as they are for reference only.

But in terms of coding, the game was programmed in Eiffel and the development environment I use generates C byte code and then compiles that with the MS C compiler.

I hope this helps,

Hubert

• 2 weeks later...