Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

bug: specific unit un-rename-able

The USMC FiST Team can't be renamed.

I found this out in the course of designing a scenario. I wanted certain units to have specific names so I could refer to them by such in the briefing. As you can see, I gave Kilo Company's CO the name West:

CMShockForce2011-10-2221-01-46-55.jpg

And the name shows up in 3D mode accordingly:

CMShockForce2011-10-2221-01-27-38.jpg

As for the FiST unit, what should be Vegapacheco shows up as Santos:

CMShockForce2011-10-2221-00-28-97.jpg

With the name reset to default, the name is different, but also the leadership modifier is different (all the units in this formation have the same "soft" settings):

CMShockForce2011-10-2221-20-39-11.jpg

I double-checked this in the editor and found that in both USMC infantry formations (Infantry Battalion and Marine Expeditionary Unit) every FiST unit is un-rename-able.

Granted, CMSF's development is done, so it's not like this will get fixed it some upcoming patch, but I figured it'd be better to let y'all BFC folks know about it; and there are probably other individual units in various other formations which are un-rename-able. If nothing else, tis for the forum a bit of ever-so-mild amusement and for me some practice putting pics in posts.