Playing by TCP/IP: Mac vs. PC

midwich

I'm a long-time Starcraft/BroodWar player, and am used to playing Windows types with my Macintosh G3 Powerbook via Battle net with no compatibility problems.

With Combat Mission, can I play Windows users via TCP/IP? I realise I need the right dynamic addy, but am not sure how compatible the two platforms are for this amazing-sounding game. Also, am I right in thinking that right now this would be a 1-to-1 connection?

Thanks for your help!

midwich

TCPOP requires that you both have an IP address and generally to shut off your software or router protection while playing. The game does not care if you are running PC or Mac in any combination. The under tcpip the fastest machine will crunch the turn and then you both can watch the movie.

Yes, the game only allows for one computer player against another. This is an excellent game, you will never suffer remorse over buying it. TCPIP is fast and furious even with the breaks to watch the film a few times.

I regularly play via TCP/IP matches over the internet against my Windows-using opponent using my Macintosh.

We have played matches with both he and I hosting the game, with no problems.

It's also entirely possible to network a Mac and Windows machine together when they're in the same room; with appropriate networking hardware, of course.

If you need any help making it work, just ask!

Toad

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by midwich:

[QB}With Combat Mission, can I play Windows users via TCP/IP? I realise I need the right dynamic addy, but am not sure how compatible the two platforms are for this amazing-sounding game. Also, am I right in thinking that right now this would be a 1-to-1 connection?

Thanks for your help!

midwich[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>