Anti-tank gun LOS/LOF issue

I was playing a scenario yesterday (name of scenario given below under spoiler alert) and I discovered a bit of an issue with anti-tank guns. My infantry had an ATG under observation (calling in mortars) and I moved my tank up to a position where it should have been safe from fire from the gun. It didn't turn out that way, and when I replayed the turn I noticed that the offending round was passing through the corner of the building that the gun was positioned behind.

Moving the camera to the gun itself, I could see that the LOF from the barrel of the gun to the tank was blocked by the building, but the LOS from the AT gunner to the tank was clear. The distance between the tank and the gun was about 900m so the slight distance between the gunner and the gun barrel and the resulting difference in LOS was all the more pronounced.

Is the LOF for an ATG calculated from the gunner, not the gun itself? If that is the case it's something for players to keep in mind.

***Spoiler Alert*** The scenario was: The Crossroads at Monthardrou and the gun was a German 75mm. (highlight the light coloured text to see it).