Core Units in Campaigns

When I have a core unit in a campaign and I change the headcount in battle of a campaign. On what will the change be based?

1.) The original TO&E

2.) The initial headcount of the core file

3.) The actual headcount of the core file (initial headcount - losses + replacements)

I take it you are talking about changing the headcount of core units that have already seen action in an earlier mission? And therefore is possibly not at full strength? If this is the case, then I have no idea what will happen if you reduce their headcount. I've never tried it to see what would happen and I suspect none of the other testers have either. I have started a campaign with core units with reduced head counts and later, when they refit, they go back to 100% strength and not their original headcount. So I have no idea what will happen when you reduce core units further.

I take it you are talking about changing the headcount of core units that have already seen action in an earlier mission?

I try to solve a problem which is a bit different. I have a unit which has already seen combat entering a campaign as such. There I set the manpower level in the core file to xx%. Fine.

Now I have a first battle. The unit takes losses. These are put back in the core file.

In reality a second battle takes place, where the unit takes yy% losses, but I don't include this battle in the campaign.

I use the third real battle as the second battle in the campaign. Now I want to start with a manpower I reduce by the yy% by setting the manpower variable of the battle.

I tested the whole thing, but could not see ANY impact of the manpower variable in a battle of a campaign !?!

I don't quite get what you are trying to do. As far as I am aware a Core unit in the Campaign starts with, say, 100 men. In Battle One it takes enough casualties to reduce it, in Battle Two, to 80 men. In Battle Three, it is reduced again to 70 men. If you make Battle Three into Battle Two and remake the Campaign, all that happens is that the AI calculates the losses from Battle One on the NEW Battle Two. So adjusting manpower levels is fruitless. Once you do Make Campaign, the AI starts work on the units you created for Battle One and those are the ones you get all the way through, minus losses (and sometimes plus replacements).

You can't, as far as I know, adjust anything in a Campaign once you have created the Core units. I have tried (attempting to change Green troops to Regular after three Battles to try and recreate their learning curve) and seen no result from it. They are Green at the start and Green at the end.

OK a bit complicated I know:

Unit A/999th

In core file Manpower = 100 starts first battle with 100

1st Battle (played): reduced to 80, no replacements

2nd Battle (not played, but losses happend in reality): reduced to 70

3rd Battle (played again) should start with 70, but will start with 80 since 80 is in the core file after 1st battle.

better?