s3 savage 4 (8Mb) what kind of performance will I get?

Ok!

Since nobody answered my last post I'll try to pose the question a little differently. I'm getting a laptop for work, and would love to be able to play CM on it while away. The one I'm looking at, a Toshiba 2800-100 has 64Mb of ram, Celeron 650 on 100MHz FSB and sports a s3 savage 4 graphics chip 8Mb. It supports up to AGP 4X but i think the mobo only allows up to 2X.

Now I'd like to hear from you knowlegable folks out there about this monster ivenstment. Will I be able to win GOOD LOOKING battles with this thing? What kind of performance will i get in CM!

TIA

Bernhard

Guest Madmatt

That video card is going to hold you back. The game will be playable but slow and you really won't be able to apply any new custom mods to it without really hampering performance.

All things being equal, laptops are not good gaming systems.

That being said, the game WILL work on that system, just don't expect stellar performance.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-09-2001).]