AT Soldier issue ....

Hello,

yesterday i played a QB. The programm choosed for me 2 "Sturmgeschütz" and the rest vehicles where light amoured "cars".

I also got 1 AntiTank Soldier an because that i tried to let him sneak arround some woods to engage the enemy M4´s. The enemy had 6 or 7 of these tanks, so i knew i wont have any chance against them with my equippment.

Slowly i came near 2 shermans with man one and only AT soldier and hit the target button and placed the mouse icon over this shermann.

The AT man took his K98 and startet to shoot with it at the tank. OK...... that was the battle, because he was blasted away high a tanks HE bullet.

Can i tell such soldiers to use only a special weapon ? The AT wep would be the better choice in that case :)

I also like to know, if i can give the order, that a soldier, troup, tank oder whatever only starts to shoot, when i give the order (also when moving slow, normal, fast or whatecver speed) ?

if he starts to shoot himself, he will be recognized an the whole plan is crap.

thanks in advance

andi

JG11Preusse,

If you want a unit to hold fire until you are ready, give it a very small cover arc. When you have moved the unit into position, remove the cover arc and it will start firing at the enemy.

I might have misunderstood, but I thought the problem was not that his man fired too soon, but he made the wrong choice of weapon.

Michael