As some of you know PBEMHelper is a program by a clever Finn Harri Personen to take the faff out of PBEMing. In the CM*1 series it was a huge benefit in keeping track of multiple games and whose turn it was to send a file.

As I scroll through my five pages of incoming e-mails I recall fondly how Helper took away and filed the old turns in their own battle folder and just left the current turns live.

Now if I were really smart , and if I knew .VBS I might be able to to do something. However clever readers will note I am deficient in the two things required in the previous sentence. : )

I have managed to boot the game from Helper but that really does not make it very useful. Is there some bright spark who can save us hundreds of manhours in the future by converting one of the three scripts that come with Helper, or write a new script?

http://www.nic.fi/~fuerte/

where you can download the program from the alt. site.