A forum question, Madmatt

I frequent a few other forums on some of the other subjects I am interested in. The VWVortex forum (http://forums.vwvortex.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Golf+IV+|AMP|+Jetta+IV&number=4&DaysPrune=10&LastLogin= ) is one of those that seems to have chosen some nice ways of customizing the forum suing similar software.

One of the nice things are the little folder icons at the top just right of center which allow you to jump back to the upper levels of the forum after posting or if you don't really care for the thread you are in.

When you wish to post a reply to a thread, the read window (previous posts ) is much larger and its easier to read more of the relevant posts you wish to respond to.

They are also a WHITE forum, but I for one do not mind it as white is a strong contrast and for me, its easy to read.

I really like the graemlins, and the instant UBB code is excellent to have immediate access to. I can now format my responses so they can be a bit more readable smile.gif if not understandable :D .

Anyway, just my two cents. Thanks to you and the rest of the crew for all the hard work on getting us back up and running. Withdrawal was starting to really set in.

;)

I think the difference is in the UBB version. They're using 5.47, while this is 6.03.

The older forum had the little folders (which I also liked better). I dunno if that is something that can be easily switched back or not.

The searching by member number is really silly though. Again, I dunno if they can do anything about until the UBB folks change it.