Smoke screen on WEGO

Hi there,

Suppose you have a tank on overwatch and you are playing on WEGO. Suddenly a threat pops out nearby but you don't have direct LOS and you want to protect other assets. How can you tell the tank to drop 1 or 2 smoke shells using the WEGO system? In this situation my tank spent the whole minute emptying its magazine of smoke shells when 2 would have perfectly sufficed.

Also - using the WEGO system, is there a way to get a tank to drop drop three smoke shells in a line?

Thanks

Dan

Use the pause command.

For example:

Give the tank 20sec. pause and a fire smoke command.

Then a reverse command as close as possible with a covered arc....

He will fire smoke rounds for 20 sec. then go to the next waypoint which is on the same spot anyway so he will not move and stop shooting smoke rounds.

It would have been great if you had the option to give your units orders of what to do incase if an emergency (like <if tank appear - run to specific cover> or in this case <if tank in danger - pop smokescreen and reverse behind trees>).

However, I guess thats quite alot of things to implant in the game. Still, would have been really great :)

just imaging telling your infantry to run towards a house and all of a sudden a machinegun opens fire - instead of just throwing themself on the ground they already had orders to move to specific safe spots.

There is -- CLEAR TARGET. Same orders panel as the TARGET COMMAND.

FACE and COVER ARC commands also cancel any currently active TARGET commands.

But can clear target be combined with a pause command ?

Like Target that -> Pause x sec (fire at target) -> cancle target .

But can clear target be combined with a pause command ?

Like Target that -> Pause x sec (fire at target) -> cancle target .

Not in that way, no. You need some sort of movement order after the Pause command; you can't stack more than one Combat command on a waypoint.

E.g. TARGET -> PAUSE X sec (fire at target) -> REVERSE 5m -> FACE (on waypoint at end of reverse command).

Actually, I've never tried putting a CLEAR TARGET command on a waypoint, so I don't know if this will work in place of FACE or COVER ARC in the above. I almost always want to adjust my unit's facing at the end of a movement, so this is how I've always done it.