Random type of battle in QB - unknown type

If one picks random for type of battle when setting up a QB, one is not told what kind of battle was actually picked when getting to the unit purchasing screen. Is this intended? I mean, it makes a lot of difference for unit choice if it's a Meeting Engagement or a defence versus an Assault type of battle. I guess one could figure it out if allowed to preview the map, but if that is disallowed for the specific battle it gets harder.

I kind of can see the reasoning for forcing the player to build a force "blindly". But as it stands, the defender is put in a difficult position. The attacker knows that any type of battle will need mobile, offensive forces. But the defender has to be ready for both a purly defensive battle and a Meeting Engagement.

Come to think of it, a player can actually memorize (or write down) the exact point allowance he gets for each type of battle and figure it out that way. E.g. you get 1908 pts as the attacker in a Small Probe type battle, and as the defender you get 1185 pts. Still, it seems easier if the interface would just tell you when purchasing units. Especially since the force modifier can complicate matters further.