Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Problem changings keyboard shortcuts

Hi everyone. I'm new to this series and was trying the demo.

My problem is I'm left-handed and use the mouse in the left so thought about changing the shortcuts to accommodate to my right hand using the keyboard while my left uses the mouse (this implies a lot of num-keypad strokes)

Eveything is ok with changing the keys in the txt file except there are certain keys you cannot change. In my case I want to use the relative shortcuts so don't want to use the F5-F8 keys to change the command type buttons.

How can I change these keys?

EDIT: also, another question. As the 1-9 keys are used (these cannot be changed either) to change the camera view... how can I tell the program that I want a determined command to be used only when I press the 5 in the numeric keyboard, not in the normal keyboard?

Cheers

I think most of your wishes are not implemented, and cannot be implemented easily, as the key-codes for these keys are supplied to the program in a certain way.

So I think you should put an absolute scheme in your keys.txt file that fits you best, but the numerical keys (without shift) and the function keys are not programmable, as far as I know.

But you can include the shift key for the special characters that are not just capital/lower-case keys.

Just make the best of it.