Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CD-ROM Drive Problem!

I have now bought and returned CMBB twice but have decided to give it another go in the hope it was the disks that were faulty.The problem is this, when I insert the cd either before or after Windows starts up it continually re-reads it over and over before either a:- recognising it as an audio cd which it can't play or b:- it causes a fatal error and my system crashes,I have no problems with CMBO or other games, I have an 8x cd-rom drive with a 20g hard drive on Windows 98, AAAAAAAArgh!! whats the problem and how do i fix it???!!!!!

Harold, it is possible that you have a disk with a manufactoring fault as detailed in this post, but that depends on when you received the game:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=002844

One thing to try is to disable autoplay on that drive when you put in the CD. I think you can do that temporarily by holding the ALt key down when you insert the CD but it might be the Control Key.

Now browse the CD and look to see if there a single file called CMBB Installer.exe. If there is try and run it, or you may want to copy it to your harddrive first.

If that program won't install then you probably just need a replacement CD which we can send you free of charge. Email me (as stated in the post above) with your order number and I will take care of you.

Madmatt