virtual VCR ?

when i'm playing the old CM by PBEM, with friends, we always dream about some virtual vcr at the end of the battle. Where you could replay all the turns of the battle in "cinematic" mode. not something in hollywood way but just playing all turns in one where you can view with your camera (in manual) an click on units to get the stats and this way analyse en enjoy the battle in a row.

would you think it could be playfull and possible?

With CMx1 you can use a program called 'PBEM helper'. It makes keeping track of you PBEM files so much easier and does everything for you, from loading the file, putting in the correct password and sending the next file to your opponent with the touch of a button. The other thing this program allows you to do is to watch the battle as a movie, just like you have described. I've added the link below. I couldn't imagine playing without it. :rolleyes::D

PBEM Helper: http://www.nic.fi/~fuerte/pbem.htm