Unhandled exception error

CMBB (1.2) sometimes freezes with an

Unhandled exception : c000001d

at address: 005a3ef5

It happens both in the order and the action phase. I'm not sure about any conspicuous regularities before the error occurs. The background sound is still running, but I can't do anything except to exit to the desktop with the 'Windows' button.

Anyone else had this problem?

I just recently changed some BIOS settings on my machine related to AGP factors. After I had done this, I also started to lock up and receive these types of messages. In the BIOS, I had manually set the AGP factor to 8X because I have an AGP 8X card. This was a bad move on my part as it blew my ability to play Combat Mission out of the water. I have since reset this to 'AUTO' and it works well without locking up or throwing messages.

Check some of the AGP settings in your BIOS.

You may want to surf out to the website of your video card manufacturer to see if they have recommended BIOS settings for your particular card. I have an EVGA card and their page had recommended settings. This is how I realized that what I had manually done was not good. I hope that this helps you solve your problem.

Good luck.

THX, I will check this. BTW, does anyone know if CMBB (or any other game) makes ever use of the AGP feature? AFAIK, the 'only' advantage is that the video card is able to use the RAM memory if the video memory is full...and I have 128 MB of video memory. I have read once that there ar no known games that need so much video Ram, but this info could be outdated.

[ May 07, 2003, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Scipio ]