Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Air and Artillery Support Issues

I have CMSF fully patched and have started doing the Training Campaign. I got to the mission where I had to direct support to destroy the bunkers and tanks but I am abit confused. When I directed the planes to come in and the mortars the vehicles started to just move by themselves going backwards and forwards. One was even trying to reverse off the map and its engine was revving constantly. Is this a bug, my CMSF copy is corrupt or is it the case of them moving to get better LOS?. I think near the end of the scenario the vehicle revved that much that its engine blew. lol. Has anyone else experienced this?.

I have CMSF fully patched and have started doing the Training Campaign. I got to the mission where I had to direct support to destroy the bunkers and tanks but I am abit confused. When I directed the planes to come in and the mortars the vehicles started to just move by themselves going backwards and forwards. One was even trying to reverse off the map and its engine was revving constantly. Is this a bug, my CMSF copy is corrupt or is it the case of them moving to get better LOS?. I think near the end of the scenario the vehicle revved that much that its engine blew. lol. Has anyone else experienced this?.

The vehicles are trying to run away because in a normal game tanks and bunkers can easily destroy them. You should also see lots of smoke popping. The best thing to do is to put the Strykers where they can't see the enemy and use your infantry to kill the bunkers and tanks. Small tip, preview your post because (and this might be because of my poor reading ability) I trouble understanding what you were saying at first :).

Thanks for your answer. :). The manual didn't mention that the vehicles will move around. Im just wondering now whether there is any other extra information that is missing. Is there a document that I could download for hints and tips?.

I thought my first post was clear but obviously it wasn't. :)

Thanks for your answer. :). The manual didn't mention that the vehicles will move around. Im just wondering now whether there is any other extra information that is missing. Is there a document that I could download for hints and tips?.

I thought my first post was clear but obviously it wasn't. :)

There is a lot in the game that is not covered by the manual, simply because of the quantity. Some of things you'll just have to find out by playing. Posting stuff here usually helps. I can go by the rule, if it seems reasonable in the real world it is reasonable in the game. For example if your trying to hide, you won't spot anything. Running and making phone calls and the same time is really hard, so infantry with radios, those fancy PDAs and other gadgets aren't able to use them unless they are standing in one place. Some vehicles have equipment mounted on top of them that can only be used if the vehicle is unbuttoned. I think one of the artillery Strykers is like this. You can check by zooming in on the vehicle, look at whatever is on top, and check whether there is some sort of eye piece to look through :). Good luck! Oh, me and another poster once tried to make a FAQ, you can check that out as well, it's in the repository.